The FUTE project presents the following deliverables:
– A Needs Analysis focusing on the current teaching climate’s strong sides as well as on the areas that teachers and their students identify as ones needing improvement, innovation and change.
The needs analysis was presented in June 2018 and is based on interviews within 10 pilot schools that the project collaborates with in Denmark, UK, Finland, Belgium and France. Based on these interviews with teachers, pupils and teacher students, the conclusion is that we need to take a short list of key competencies, needs and requirements into consideration when adapting the 6C model and the method cards that go with the model.
Following is a list of important learnings from the needs analysis;
- A simplification of the method cards with less text, more graphic design and a relevant classification for teacher purposes is needed, and which makes it quick for the teachers to identify which method card is relevant for them to use.
- Creation of examples in the educationalfield so that it is easier for teachers to relate the method cards to their specific planning and teaching situation.
- Mediation andsupport are needed for the teachers to know how to work with the cards, and also for the school managers, so that the cards become an accept preparation and collaboration tool in the individual schools.
- Creating a roadmap or protocol to follow the model and the method cards, which guides the teachers through concrete co-creation processes with colleagues and/or pupils.
– 6C Model and Method Cards for Teachers supporting group pedagogy and facilitating a variety of uses. The method cards represent a physical method compendium in the shape of a deck of large playing cards with one text side and one picture side, numbered and color-coded. The cards will provide teachers with a tangible tool for introducing, driving and structure teaching processes.
– A Teacher Training Module to support the competence development of teachers to apply the 6C model and the method cards within their teaching. The module aims to qualify teachers to use the didactic platform in their teaching to make it fun and relevant while simultaneously injecting it with innovation and design thinking to modernize it.
– A Recommendations and Sustainability Documentthat details the findings and experiences from the information gathering and development process of the FUTE project. This document will provide recommendations for implementing design methodology into primary/secondary teachers’ work. Furthermore, the list of recommendations will contain strategies for sustainable implementation of the project in schools throughout Europe.
– Dissemination Material to create awareness about the FUTE project and its findings, including activities such as conferences in the FUTE partners’ home countries and a conference in Brussels.